Sunday 5 April 2015

It's A Blood Moon! No... Wait... Yes!

Happy Easter everyone!

This year, my family went out to Gap Bluff then Rockdale to see the sunset, and the bad day turned into a delightful surprise as the day drew to an end. I didn't get to take any photos except the one below as I left my camera battery at home, but I think the good memories will be forever in my mind.

Basically, this is a journal entry about my day because I really really want to remember it.





Highlight #1: Becoming a seagull 

After my brother's tantrum, I was tasked with purchasing chips so he would shush. Let me tell you, beach food in Sydney is not always on par. The chips were oily and greasy and OH SO DISGUSTIng AND IT WAS $7 FOR A 'LARGE' BOX. #regretregretregret

My cousin, however, had yummy food and I ended up scabbing his leftovers. JUDGE ME.

The events that followed: giant bubbles, an impromptu biology lesson from moi, trying to pet the seagulls and piggy back races.
Tutoring others on where our body parts are ft. cake

Highlight #2: The little girl on the beach 

AHHHH She was so cute!

Okay, so after Gap Bluff we went to Rockdale at around 5pm and the sunset was gorgeous. Pink and blue hues were tumbled together like fairy floss clouds in the sky. The sand was a pure white and the tide was crawling closer and closer.

We collected some seashells and threw them back in the water again and then something amazing happened. We saw a blood moon! Well, we thought we did.

Looped around the poles, we sat and watched it and were arguing about if it was a real moon or if it was a city light because it was orange and it rose into the sky super fast.

A blood moon, quite similar to what we saw. Source: http://www.express.co.uk/ 


ENTER: Cute little blonde girl wearing a fluffy black coat.

She was a little smarty pants, about 9 years old, and was trying to explain to us what the moon was doing. We googled it and talked about the moon a little more, until eventually she asked, "Do you want to play with me?"

So we started playing tips and THEY KEPT TARGETING ME!!! (I think it was because they knew my fitness level was equivalent to an elder's)

And then she started hugging my cousin and we played "I'm stuck in the mud, help, get me out" (cousin's invention) and it ended up with us falling in the sand (oops). Then it was time to leave and she gave me one last hug, a super tight one, and it broke my heart because she was so adorable!

That left us all in a happy, go-lucky mood.

Highlight #3: Coke races

So we went home, had some Thai at a restaurant that was the 'Best Thai Restaurant 2007' (the year is very important) and my kid cousins and I versed each other in who could drink Coke the fastest. That lead to a lot of burps and hiccups.


So that was all my best memories of this year's Easter. How was yours?

Over and out
xx Cece








No comments:

Post a Comment