Saturday 3 January 2015

new years call for new diaries

Hello! Today's blog post is a DIY of my 2015 diary, which I will be using in replacement of the ugly as ones that my school provides.

So here's how everything turned out in the end:






Sorry its not a generic DIY, but I hope you can take some ideas and inspiration to splatter onto your own diary, notebook etc. Alright, let's get started...



1. Sticker tabs 


Grabbing my diary that I bought on a whim for $10 at Officeworks, I rip off the price/barcode tags and select the pages that need to be separated. For me that's the monthly view page and the beginning of the day-by-day section. 

To make the tabs, take some coloured sticky tape, snip a bit off, position it over the edge of the page and fold it over. 

2. Repurposed pocket 

My 2014 diary (barely used) had a pocket at the back, so I ripped it off. 

Next, I collaged the pocket with magazine snippets from old Christmas cards, free brochures taken from Lorna Jane and Frankie (pfft, as if I'm going to print out pictures, I'm a cheapo). The things weren't sticking well, so I contacted it. Stick it in the front of the diary with hot glue and ta! A repurposed pocket. 

3. Timetable slots 

The timetable for my classes often change every term (dear school: whyyyy??) so I need something to hold it in my diary while allowing it to be interchanged. Solution? More pockets! 

First, snip a zip lock bag to the appropriate side. Use the zip to your advantage!



Hot glue it to where you want it in the diary (I used the back cover) and make a frame around it. I used petals from these fake flowers.

4. Notes on notes

The NOTES section of a diary normally doesn't stand out to me because it's tucked in the back and looks the same as every other page. To fix this, I used some patterned lined paper and just stuck it on. Simple and sweet.

The paper was bought from Morning Glory.  


And so that's it. My 2015 diary personalised and sorted. My favourite part of this has got to be the repurposed pocket.

Here's to a new year of organisation (LOL, let's see how this one goes). 

Over and out
xx Cece

No comments:

Post a Comment