Tuesday 23 December 2014

current jam #3: unattainable... little joy

"I can't coerce you into this one
Jealousy lay all your spells to bed
I'll choose unloved instead"

What is this song and why does it have a strange effect on me?

At first, I honestly had no idea what this song meant, only knowing that it made me feel calm, kind of sombre and it came with a tinge of warmth.

When I googled for answers, I discovered its subject: Falling in love with your friend. 



I've never had this kind of experience, seeing that I like boys and I have little interaction with them, but this song has me feeling the sadness and the happiness of such an experience. There's nothing better than loving someone who values you as a person and accepts you, flaws and all, but when you luuurrvvee them and they can never see you in the same way, it sucks poop.

Yeah, Unattainable really struck a heartstring. Seriously, listen to it!


Is it strange that I also really like the way the singer croons "coerce" in the chorus?

I'm certain this song is relatable to so many of you out there, and if not, it sucks in the rest of us into feeling your pain/joy. Don't worry, we can cry together *sniffles*.

Over and out
xx Cece


No comments:

Post a Comment